- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 6 Tbsp Power Up Summer Trails Trail Mix
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with paddle attachment, cream butter, half of peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar until creamy and pale. Stop and scrape down sides as needed.
- Add eggs and continue to beat another minute, until incorporated.
- Into the wet mixture, sift flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Transfer to refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 balls. Place on prepared baking sheet, 1 inch apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until golden.
- Immediately and gently flatten each cookie flat with the back of a spatula.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Once cool, spread the bottom of each cookie with peanut butter. Sprinkle 6 cookies with trail mix then top with remaining 6 cookies to make sandwiches.